Cateia Games
October 22, 2014, 02:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A fix that works for the error, hopefully before you take the game back  (Read 543 times)
Dimon
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2013, 04:59:05 AM »

You all probably seen this error:

"An internal error  has occured and the game has shut down. Please contact tech support to resolve the problem, sorry for the inconvenience.

Details:

[Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Cateia Games/Iron Roses' "

Well, i got a fix for ya that i figured out experimenting. Note: not sure if it will work on all systems, so hopefully, it will work for you. Follow the instructions below:

I think i found a fix for this issue by experimentation. Basically, it never "makes" the folders that are required for the program. Technically, it was supposed to install these folders, but i put them in manually, and the game seems to start now for me. In specifically, The folders "CATEIA GAMES" and "IRON ROSES" under documents and settings were never made by the program.

So this is how i fixed this small issue, if your on a xp machine. NOTE: im not sure this will work with other machines, but it worked for my xp machine:

1. Under documents and setting, open folder "ALL USERS", then open "APPLICATION DATA". After this, make a new folder called "CATEIA GAMES".

2. Under the new folder you just made, make another new folder inside of it called "IRON ROSES". This fixed this issue for me.

This sounds like sloppy programming to me as the game did not do this automatically. I suggest the "support team" make a fix patch that fixes this for ease of users in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games