Cateia Games
October 31, 2014, 08:56:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR GAMES, VISIT: www.cateia.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't open safe in mayor's office  (Read 2802 times)
jhm2980
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:15:37 AM »

I'm stuck in the mayor's office. I can't open the safe.

1. I did put the water in the safe.
2. I did take note of the paper on the desk showing that it should be empty, full, full, empty.
3. It is impossible for me to get that pattern.

The problem is that the third bar cannot be filled to the top. It always stops one time before the last. I can fill the second bar without a problem. There's enough fluid there to transfer to the third, but the third simply won't take it.

I've even gone through several walkthroughs, thinking maybe I missed something else that I had to do first, but I can't find anything that I've missed. I'm starting to feel like this is a glitch. I can't figure out why the third bar would simply stop filling up.

Any tips to get past this without having to restart (it's my only save location currently).

Thanks!
Dave Martin
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:44:49 AM »

We had the same problem. My wife poured the liquid from the vase into the safe and the 3rd tube won't fill to the top. Stops one click away.

I clicked on the vase with the bucket of water in inventory and Then poured into the safe and my 3rd tube works and allows me to fill it to the top.

NOW>>>I'm not sure if me adding the vase to the bucket actually did anything or maybe I had done something earlier in the game that let the safe work for me.

>>>In any case, there is a serious bug in the game because now there is nothing she can do to go on. Her 3rd tube won't completely fill no matter what she does and the vase is gone.

If anyone has a clue to the problem or knows of a patch???

Dave.
jhm2980
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »

I eventually just had to give up and start the game over again. There was definitely something I missed the first time (never saw the little caged thing in the caves the first time), so I'm assuming that it was a result of me not doing something earlier. Then again, the little creature was with the blacksmith later anyway, so it seemed pretty irrelevant to the game as a whole. There was no reason for it to refuse to continue like that, and if it was intentional there should have been some kind of message worked in. So it definitely seems like a bug.
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »

Highly unlikely, the game was very veeeery rigorously tested and there's no way something you forgot to do in the previous chapters would block progress later;

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games