Cateia Games
October 30, 2014, 07:58:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Game Doesn't Always Save  (Read 2628 times)
wonky48
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:23:50 AM »

Cry  This is a huge problem!!!  When I try to save my game, it simply exits.  Other times, it works properly.  Should I re-install it or is there a patch for it?  I'm at a loss, and I'm have a ton of fun with this game!  Please help.  Thanks so much and Happy 2010!
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »

You have windows 7 right? We've had similar reports on win7 and we're working on a fix for the problem..

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
wonky48
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:00:41 AM »

No, I'm running Windows 98.  Sorry, I should have told you that.  I did uninstall it, and surprisingly one of my games was still there.  However, it wasn't the latest one.  Why would it still be there after I uninstalled?  Shouldn't all files have been erased?

After re-installing, it saved it once.  The other time I typed in the name to save it under, and it exited without saving it.  Now I have to start all over again!  Sad
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 09:35:59 AM »

Sorry, Any windows version prior to Windows XP isn't supported.

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
wonky48
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 05:35:41 AM »

I meant Windows XP.  I just wasted a lot of your time and mine by typing the wrong thing.  The game package says it requires Windows XP/Vista.  Also, I have lots of ram.  My computer isn't that old. 

After playing it last night, it saved when I wanted it to as a test.  So I kept playing, got caught up in the game, then saved and lost it all!

I had gotten to the lighthouse and back, and now I have to start over again.  I need to "save" every time that I accomplish something.  It will be a pain, but at least I can get through the game.

Thanks!
wonky48
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:21:14 AM »

The last time I attempted to play the game it saved ok the first time.  I kept on playing, and I tried to save, and the game just exited!  Where can I get help?  I am running Windows XP and can get you more information on my operating system if you need it.

Thanks again.
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »

hmm, go to c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Sandlot Games (or Cateia Games)\<your-username>
and then compress "Legend of crystal valley" in a ZIP or RAR file and send to support<-at->cateia.com so we can diagnose the problem.

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games