Cateia Games
April 24, 2014, 07:42:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: http://twitter.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh dear! Since the last fix its all gone pear shaped!  (Read 1252 times)
martin
Poet

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »

Since the last fix all my games now crash the game, closing it down.

This is my list -

FFA_join.and.play! (twister)
knot_byblos_236670
*flowervalley_martin_551419
flowervalley_ralph_967134
chunks_ralph_698821
*goldrush_littlewombat_721179 (only 2 of 4 joined so far)

Since these games went down at different times, I can confirm that all of the participants I have been able to communicate with have the same experience. Click on any game from the current games list and MB crashes.
I use an imac quad core running 10.6.7 but the same happens if I log in from my old powerbook G4 running 10.4.13. The other player I know of are all using PCs
Boris Mikić
Where am I?
Cateia Games
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:26:10 AM »

We will attempt to find out where the problem is before we delete the games.
We hoped that there wouldn't be any problems since all of our tests went positive. I hope that this is a unique situation or that they can be easily fixed.

Quote from: Bender
Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.
Quote from: Fry
It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two.
Boris Mikić
Where am I?
Cateia Games
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »

We have identified the problem. Not only do we know what causes it and how to fix it, we should also be able to restore all of these games.
Just for information, this problem is not because of the new version. It has existed probably since the very first version, we were simply unaware of it until we analyzed the save files of the games you have listed.

EDIT: The games have been restored, but due to a bug in v1.5.0 it's likely that you won't be able to continue playing until 1.5.1 has been released.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:11:18 PM by Boris Mikić » Logged

Quote from: Bender
Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.
Quote from: Fry
It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two.
martin
Poet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »

Yes, I upgraded to 1.5 and now (26/5/2011) all games crash. Other players are on time left 0.00 and no one is skipping, so I guess they also are suffering crashes.

imac os 10.6.7
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games