Cateia Games
October 25, 2014, 08:42:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR GAMES, VISIT: www.cateia.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotel  (Read 13923 times)
brandon
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »

when i enter the lobby of the hotel and go to the fire place area on the left all the stuff i should be able to interact with is blacked out,and so is the text with the man sitting on the couch, what should i do?
Ivan B.
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:40:05 AM »

what version are you playing (PC or Mac)? Also, where did you purchase your copy?

Ivan
Cateia Games
Fergyk0416
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:49:50 PM »

This is a reply I posted in another thread. I am having the same issue with black boxes covering my mouse indicators along with not running into Matisse at all. He just stays inside room 25. It concerns me that this has been going on since April with no fix. I am running a MacBookPro8,1 with 10.6.8. If you could give me an email to send my user data to I will gladly do it.

This is what it looks like:

MediaMaven87
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »

I've got the same issue. I'm playing it on a MacBook Pro, I got it from the Apple App Store just this morning.
feebe79
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:05:18 AM »

I just bought this game today and having the same blacken box issue at the same area. What a disappointment! Can I request my money back? I can only play till the reception, the basement and stuck as the sofa area where there is a matchbox is all blacken, I don't even know what are the things there and what the man sitting in the couch is talking about. I am playing with a newly bought MacBook Pro, Lion OSX 10.7. Please help out. Already regretting buying the game.
Ivan B.
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »

we are investigating the potential problem.
meantime, can you please try some of the following:
1. change screen resolution in settings menu
2. switch between window and full screen

let us know if this helps

Ivan
Cateia Games
feebe79
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 03:15:42 AM »

Thanks for replying. I tried all the method you have suggested and none of them worked. Please help. The blacken box still there.
Ivan B.
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »

it looks like this might be the area where the inventory is displayed. Try to Open / Close the inventory (right mouse click).
It's hard to track down this issue since it doesn't appear on any of our systems (not even on old PPC Macs).
We appreciate your help and your patience!

Ivan
Cateia Games
feebe79
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »

The blacken box is not only limited to the inventory area, the cursor become a small black box too. When I hit the "enter" button for the hint, all the hints show black box too. The speech box is also blacken, no text can be read. How to continue the game with this? I do hope that you can resolve this issue fast. I download this game from the app store. Could it be any form of bug? Please help out.
feebe79
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »

Hi, may I check have anyone found the solution for the blacken box scene? I try all the option I can find in the menu and it is still no use. Please help. I am getting impatient already. I think I would like a total refund on the game. I do not want the game anymore. Please kindly arrange for a refund. Or I am going to ask app store for a refund.
Ivan B.
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »

we are working on it! I hope will have some answers before this weekend
thanks for your patience!

Ivan
Cateia Games
6170corn
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 03:29:46 AM »

I just purchased the game through AppStore and am using it on a new 2011 MacBook Air.  I'm having the same problem with the black boxes in the first room to the left on off of the lobby.  Is there any news as to a fix yet???
Ivan B.
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »

@everyone who experience the "black box" issue with Hotel Mac version.
we have spend hours trying to locate this issue are release the fix for it. unfortunately, we were unable to do so.
as always, we test our games before the release on many different systems and hardware configurations, including old Macs (PPC), both 32 and 64bit OS.
We ran tests on newest Mac OS last week and we were unable to detect the "black box" issue. Obviously, the problem exists only on the specific "hotel lobby - fireplace" scene, but, honestly, we simply have no answer why is this happening  Sad

we have another suggestion for users who experience this issue: in settings menu, try to turn OFF effect or particles. Please, let us know if this helps.

If the problem remains unresolved and you are unable to click anything on that scene (pick up items, talk to other character, etc.) and resume the game, unfortunately, the only thing we can advise is that you ask for the refund from Apple's Mac App Store. We think that this is supported without problems.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we want to thank you for you patience and understanding.

Ivan
Cateia Games
parker
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:49 AM »

I too am having trouble with the "black squares" which does not allow me to see any dialogs or use my cursor. So far this has only happened in the lobby area when there is supposed to be the conversation. I have a Mac OS X; Version 10.6.8  2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 and the model identifier is MacBookPro 8, 1. I really liked everything I was able to play on this game thus far, but am very disappointed that the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
koko
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »

I have many problems playing the game on my apple computer (macbook). The black boxes appear in 5 scenes.
But the mayor problem is in the wisdom-love-x scene. I am stuck in love. The Veronica does not appear anywhere...
What to do?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games