Cateia Games
August 21, 2017, 12:05:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Roses issue..  (Read 7413 times)
Dimon
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2013, 04:40:39 AM »

I am posting this issue here since the same issue was mentioned about before in the game forum, but was never responded to fix the issue.

Anyways, to follow your information on the board..

1. This problem is for the game "IRON ROSES".

2. I have the retail version of the game. I am not sure which version it is because i cannot even start the game due to the issue i am having.

3.I purchased this game from a store called "Half Price Books".  This store is located in the United States, in the state of Texas.

4. My name is Mark. I will leave it at that.

5. Im leaving my email off here as i think i found a fix..

6. My problem is this:

I cannot seem to be able to play the game. After installation, the following error occurs..

"An internal error  has occured and the game has shut down. Please contact tech support to resolve the problem, sorry for the inconvenience.

Details:

[Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Cateia Games/Iron Roses' "

I cannot load this game because of this problem. The following is my info on my operating system:

Windows XP SP3 32-bit

On another post, someone mentions to allow adminstration privilages, but on windows xp, it is not under properties, so if that is the fix, you will need to tell me where to access it for this particular game. Thanks for reading and hopefully you can help me get a fix!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:49:51 AM by Dimon » Logged
Dimon
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:54:52 AM »

I think i found a fix for this issue by experimentation. Basically, it never "makes" the folders that are required for the program. Technically, it was supposed to install these folders, but i put them in manually, and the game seems to start now for me. In specifically, The folders "CATEIA GAMES" and "IRON ROSES" under documents and settings were never made by the program.

So this is how i fixed this small issue, if your on a xp machine. NOTE: im not sure this will work with other machines, but it worked for my xp machine:

1. Under documents and setting, open folder "ALL USERS", then open "APPLICATION DATA". After this, make a new folder called "CATEIA GAMES".

2. Under the new folder you just made, make another new folder inside of it called "IRON ROSES". This fixed this issue for me.

This sounds like sloppy programming to me as the game did not do this automatically. I suggest the "support team" make a fix patch that fixes this for ease of users in the future.

Updated: No issues so far..currently looking for the "drumsticks of destiny" in the game.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:59:55 AM by Dimon » Logged
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »

Hi Dimon,

Thanks for investigating! This info will be useful to to other players for sure!

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games