Cateia Games
August 19, 2017, 10:07:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kaptain Brawe Audio Technical Support  (Read 9292 times)
Advgamer
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »

I just bought Kaptain Brawe on Steam and I successfully downloaded and installed it.

However, after I started the game, there is absolutely no sound nor music, even though I have already enabled the audio and set the audio/ music settings to the maximum level of 100% in the game's settings menu.

I do not know why there is still no sound or music, even after I have turned both of them on.

I would greatly appreciate any help in getting the sound/ music working in the game again.

Thank you very much!
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:58:38 PM »

Hi,

Maybe you should check your DirectX drivers. The game uses DirectSound from DirectX9, there's no reason that the sound shouldn't work.

PS: Which OS Version are you running?

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Advgamer
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:56:19 AM »

Hi Kresimir,

How do I check my DirectX drivers?

I'm using Windows 8.

The game's specifications state that the OS that should be used to run the game are either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Could the game be incompatible with Windows 8?

Best regards,
Advgamer
Boris Mikić
Where am I?
Cateia Games
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »

Hello,

To check your DirectX and DirectSound drivers, press the Windows button to make the Metro screen appear and type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks) and Windows should display dxdiag.exe under the "Apps" search category. Run the program (you can skip the step where Windows tries to verify all your driver signatures) and when the window opens, select the Sound tab. If everything is alright there, please check the Settings in the game whether the audio is turned on and the volume is turned up. If it doesn't help, check if Windows' sound volume is turned up and check that it's not accidentally muted (there should be a small speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, next to the clock).
Other than that make sure your speaker/headphones are plugged in, turned on and that their volume is also set to an amount where you should be able to hear something. You wouldn't believe how many times I personally forgot to turn on the speakers.

Quote from: Bender
Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.
Quote from: Fry
It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two.
Advgamer
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »

Hi Boris,

I successfully managed to get the audio/ music working today for the first time!

It looks like I had to shut down the computer and restart the computer before I can get the audio/ music working!

Thank you very much for your help!
baggy37
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 07:59:43 PM »

That is really interesting to read

Cheap scorts girls
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games