Cateia Games
August 21, 2017, 12:05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why G5?  (Read 5904 times)
ET3D
Pedestrian

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 09:47:14 AM »

I'm just wondering, why do game developers go with G5 distribution on Android? I hate G5, it surrounds the game with an obnoxious app that gets in my way, and keeps trying to sell me other games. I've stopped even trying G5 games on Google Play, and though I still get them from the Amazon app store (where they seem to interfere a little less), I still dislike them. I'd much rather support the developers I like directly, and not get that G5 crap.
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »

Hmm, I'm sorry you feel that way. We have only the best experience with G5, they're a fantastic publisher. Sure, they cross promote the games they publish, it's pretty much a standard these days. Why does this bother you so much? It's only a starting screen, once you tap "Play", it doesn't get in your way.

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
ET3D
Pedestrian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »

It's just my experience from other games. I posted this before trying after seeing that Kaptain Brawe is published by G5, but before trying the game.

For all G5 games I tried until now (mainly from Artifex Mundi) Every time I switch out of the game and back in they cross promote again, and this doesn't even show up immediately, it shows the menu for a fraction of a second and then, when I want to tap 'continue' it switches to the screen of games, which I tap accidentally (because I was ready to tap) and a browser opens... Now, this mistaken tap doesn't happen every time, but it happened enough times that I'm annoyed with it, and in general I would like to be able to go back directly into the game when I switch back, like in practically all non-G5 games.

That's on Amazon, which is relatively tame. On Google Play far as I remember the apps also show cross promotion when you start the game.

Having now tried the Kaptain Brawe trial, I don't see this, but on the other hand the game crashes very often on my Nexus 7 (2012, Android 4.4.2).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games