Cateia Games
April 20, 2014, 04:11:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: JOIN US ON FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/cateiagames

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still alive  (Read 6862 times)
qubodup
Poet

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

Hey there,

I was just asked by our pyglet programmer whether there are news about freeing KODA.

So here I am and asking :)

Of course the best thing would be if we could have the media and some part of the source under gpl, but it would help if we could get some more graphics(icons, buildings, units, buttons....), so that we can implement some more map-controls.

If you prefer email communication: koda-devs@lists.sourceforge.net .

Best regards,

qubodup
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »

have you made any actual presentable progress? can you provide some links to screenshots etc. youtube links would be best.

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
qubodup
Poet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:05:25 PM »

There has been no progress since June, as we were told to wait for you to finish LOCV (at least I understood it that way) before we could ask for more resources (images) from you.

The latest videos have been posted in this thread, enjoy :).
qubodup
Poet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

What can we do to motivate you to take care of us?

Currently we would like to have more game media. Non-GPL, non-redistributable, Copyright Cateia Games.

Is the problem that out lack of progress doesn't convince you of that we would actually achieve anything if you gave us the files? Busyness? Laziness? :)
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »

our real problem was our contract for KODA.

however, this contract will expire early in 2009 and, unofficially, Cateia Games plans to release the entire game for free, so you can do whatever you want with it at that point.

PS: Please note the unofficial tone of this post :)

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Ivan Bralić
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »

What we would suggest in any way is that you do the free version battles for linux. If we release the game for free it will still be on Windows only. We would be glad to have Linux version. But only battle mode. You could also develop battle mode in turn-based and not real time. This is less complicated.
We can provide you with media on that so you will be free to develop. However, we should wait for few months before we do this. Hope you'll still have interest in this project.

Ivan
Cateia Games
qubodup
Poet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »

Quote from: "ivan"
What we would suggest in any way is that you do the free version battles for linux. If we release the game for free it will still be on Windows only. We would be glad to have Linux version. But only battle mode. You could also develop battle mode in turn-based and not real time. This is less complicated.
We can provide you with media on that so you will be free to develop. However, we should wait for few months before we do this. Hope you'll still have interest in this project.
One of our forum members asked about your post, Ivan. The last plan, I think, was that we would have to re-implement the map-game completely, but could port the battlefield-game.

I also just want to inform you, that I prefer to wait, untill there is no copyright/contract to worry about. Wink
Ivan Bralić
Administrator
Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 07:41:45 AM »

Hi,
the plan is to wait several more months when we will have unlimited copyrights.
Regarding battle mode - we was thinking that you can do only battles in turn based. you can have all sounds and graphics for this. On the other hand, re-doing the map for campaign mode is not an option for us. The graphics and other things are in mess and we don't have time or will to sort all of this and prepare everything you may need.
I think that turn-based battles will be more that enough.
We'll post when we are ready to proceed with freekoda. Hopefully, in Q1 09.

Ivan
Cateia Games
Magnus
Poet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »

*Pokes in*
Tis Q2ish!

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »

have you made anything presentable so far?

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
qubodup
Poet

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »

Hey again,
have you made anything presentable so far?
No, there has been zero progress. I don't think there is much motivation on our side as long as the game data/images are not accessible. What about your plan to freeware-ize KODA? Still legal issues?

Cheers
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »

Have you made anything presentable yet? We agreed that you would make a presentable demo, thus proving your intentions and then we would discuss terms and possibility of cooperation and maby even freewaring koda.

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
qubodup
Poet

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 03:26:55 PM »

Have you made anything presentable yet? We agreed that you would make a presentable demo, thus proving your intentions and then we would discuss terms and possibility of cooperation and maby even freewaring koda.
That's right, though I thought the plan was to talk about licensing after we have something presentable and that you wanted to release it as freeware anyway:
however, this contract will expire early in 2009 and, unofficially, Cateia Games plans to release the entire game for free, so you can do whatever you want with it at that point.
For me, the biggest complication has been the access to game data (the images) and I gathered from our e-mail communication that I should wait for koda for "when the game goes public".
Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Administrator
The Father

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »

Yes, but there are legal complications and I don't think we'll be releasing it anytime soon.

Krešimir Špes
Lead Programmer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cateia Games